So tonight we had a person lurking around our house and looking in our windows....it was freaky!!!! The first time I saw this young man Nathan and I were at the computer looking up some ideas for curry, I glanced over at the window and I saw someone ON OUR PORCH, looking in our window! It looked like my brother-in-law so I hoped it was, and he & his wife were just surprise visiting us, or just someone that I didn't hear knocking...I was really just hoping it wasn't a creepy person! Then I remembered that just a couple minutes before I was checking the spice cupboard and after I came back to sit down I heard a bump, I assumed it was a spice that fell off the rack, so I went and checked but they were all in place.
Right after I saw this person on the porch I opened the door to see if it was indeed someone who had knocked & I just didn't hear, but no one was there so I sent Nathan out...he looked for a couple minutes, no one was there, but he said he heard footsteps in the grass (it was dark out). We called the Sheriff's dept. (we live out of city limits) and they told us there wasn't anyone patrolling in our area, but they would make sure they look around when they get to our neighborhood...great, big help. We kept hearing bumps and whatnot, but we dismissed it as out imaginations (sort of), I was talking to a friend on the phone & I was telling her about it while I was sitting on our bed when I heard a big BUMP on one of our bedroom windows! Our cats jumped off the bed to check it out, Nathan came and looked but didn't see anything. Then a little bit later I am in the kitchen splitting the pizza dough, I turn around & there is a person peeking in our kitchen window!!! You have to scale the wall to look in the window, it's that high up! So I immediately called the Sheriff's dept. back to have them send the patrol right now! They looked around and didn't see anyone, but they told us there is a guy who lives around the corner who gets intoxicated and gets lost sometimes, they thought it was probably him and said they would go check to see if it was. They never came back, so I can only assume it was him and all is well.... My friend's husband also came out and parked across the street to watch to see if anyone came back. So far it has been quite. I can only pray it stays that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment