Nathan had 4 days off this week due to the 4th of July being on wed, so yay we got him an extra day, and boo, now we get to miss a day of pay...oh well, it was really nice to have him here! Our house is for real almost totally ready for the baby to come, we rearranged everything and its pretty well cleaned up....the kitchen the only serious exception....our bookshelf broke so the table is now housing all the books until we find a new bookshelf (anyone need to get rid of one?). We cleaned out the car, installed the carseat, etc, etc. I think we are really ready now, once the siding is done of course...which is a whole other saga, but that I already whined about on facebook, and hopefully we find a good solution for that.
Tomorrow our sister-in-law (Nathan's brother Ben's wife) and the two kidlets are coming for a visit, I am so excited to see them! Nathan's parents get here Sunday evening, and construction (it sounds cooler if I say it that way) starts Monday!
This morning I tried to be productive, and started with the siding-ness, b/c that was the top priority, but since that went so terribly awry I haven't accomplished much else...I do need to put away laundry, wash dishes, and re-vacuum Luke's room, all easy things but I am lazy apparently...oh yeah and clean the bathroom, its kinda gross...
Earlier Luke was "reading" to himself, I had to take some pictures, and now that I look at them I wish I had bothered to crop them.
The trashy looking styrofoam pieces in the background are his "boats" and he loves them, so there they sit...and yes those are pringles in his bedroom, don't judge me.
Tomorrow our sister-in-law (Nathan's brother Ben's wife) and the two kidlets are coming for a visit, I am so excited to see them! Nathan's parents get here Sunday evening, and construction (it sounds cooler if I say it that way) starts Monday!
This morning I tried to be productive, and started with the siding-ness, b/c that was the top priority, but since that went so terribly awry I haven't accomplished much else...I do need to put away laundry, wash dishes, and re-vacuum Luke's room, all easy things but I am lazy apparently...oh yeah and clean the bathroom, its kinda gross...
Earlier Luke was "reading" to himself, I had to take some pictures, and now that I look at them I wish I had bothered to crop them.
| He was making fighting sound effects while reading...apparently each book was a different Donkey Kong level. We really are great parents :/ |
Remember how cute my cat was with the snake? Well here she is with a worm, she loves bringing those in the house...*our other cat doesn't like having her picture taken, this one doesn't mind, hence all the pictures of only one of our kitties.
Before Nathan left for work, I was all mopey. The siding saga made me mad, then I saw other people's pictures of 4th of July and got all sad b/c "no one invited us to do anything" and I was feeling sorry for myself and sad and like no one likes me, you know. Then I remembered that we had two events we could have attended on this 4 day weekend but chose not to b/c I wasn't feeling well. Granted they were things Nathan's coworkers invited us to, but still, it's not like no one thinks about us! Ahh hormones, they make it so easy to be level headed, haha.
| Don't you wish that was on your carpet? |
Before Nathan left for work, I was all mopey. The siding saga made me mad, then I saw other people's pictures of 4th of July and got all sad b/c "no one invited us to do anything" and I was feeling sorry for myself and sad and like no one likes me, you know. Then I remembered that we had two events we could have attended on this 4 day weekend but chose not to b/c I wasn't feeling well. Granted they were things Nathan's coworkers invited us to, but still, it's not like no one thinks about us! Ahh hormones, they make it so easy to be level headed, haha.
We are once again back to square one on this little guy's name. Nothing seems quite right, it is strange! With Luke we knew what we liked for his first name and were pretty certain that is what we would name him, his middle name was was harder, we had no idea where to go with that, and that took the whole time we were in the hospital to figure out. This time we are pretty well set on a middle name, but just can't think of a first name! I am sure something will come to us...right?
Ugh, I really should stop procrastinating the cleaning and get to it...Don't be surprised if half of these things still need done tomorrow Lexi!
No comments:
Post a Comment