2012 was over all a pretty good year for us, not without its own set of challenges, but decidedly more positive than not! We welcomed Eison into our family, adopted a new kitty (Gigi), Nathan got a promotion, and many other fun things.
This year, for probably the first time ever I am setting some New Years resolutions. This post gave me some inspiration for some things I feel I would like to implement or get better about. So with out further ado, my resolutions:
Loose the baby weight/inches. Since having Eison nearly 6 months ago I have lost 40 lbs (okay so 35 of that was almost instantaneous,. so what), I still have about 15 to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight. More importantly I have about 5 inches to go on my waist, yikes. which leads into the next goal...
Exercise at least 20 min a day, 6 days a week. Now that Eison is a little older, I feel I can actually find the time to do this, as he is pretty good at staying entertained for a little while, without me.
Learn to drive. If you want to help me reach this goal, let me know. Seriously, tell me when you have time and help me do this.
Do preschool worksheets/activities with Luke every day Nathan works (until he is in kindergarten of course).
Learn to garden better. I always want our yard to look nice and want to grow vegetables but it is harder than I thought and a lot of work. I don't want to use any herbicides or pesticides, so that adds to the severe challenge as our yard is FULL of weeds.
Not be negative of my appearance, especially in front of my sons. I know I am no super model, but that doesn't mean I can't have self confidence. My sons need to understand that beauty isn't what the media tells us is beautiful, and that they don't need to expect a woman to be perfect to be beautiful. So while I am trying to get back into shape, I need to try to say positive things about my body, through all of the stages of change!
Now with all of these goals I have set, I am hopeful Nathan decides to set his first ever resolutions as well, namely if he could try to be even more organized and become someone who REALLY enjoys cleaning, because I just don't have time for housekeeping with everything else I will have going on ;)
Do you have resolutions? I would like to know them. If exercise is one of them, come over to my house and do it with me! If you want to grow produce or flowers or whatever but don't have a yard, come use mine! If you have a car that is dying to teach someone how to drive I will gladly be that someone :)
This year, for probably the first time ever I am setting some New Years resolutions. This post gave me some inspiration for some things I feel I would like to implement or get better about. So with out further ado, my resolutions:
Loose the baby weight/inches. Since having Eison nearly 6 months ago I have lost 40 lbs (okay so 35 of that was almost instantaneous,. so what), I still have about 15 to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight. More importantly I have about 5 inches to go on my waist, yikes. which leads into the next goal...
Exercise at least 20 min a day, 6 days a week. Now that Eison is a little older, I feel I can actually find the time to do this, as he is pretty good at staying entertained for a little while, without me.
Learn to drive. If you want to help me reach this goal, let me know. Seriously, tell me when you have time and help me do this.
Do preschool worksheets/activities with Luke every day Nathan works (until he is in kindergarten of course).
Learn to garden better. I always want our yard to look nice and want to grow vegetables but it is harder than I thought and a lot of work. I don't want to use any herbicides or pesticides, so that adds to the severe challenge as our yard is FULL of weeds.
Not be negative of my appearance, especially in front of my sons. I know I am no super model, but that doesn't mean I can't have self confidence. My sons need to understand that beauty isn't what the media tells us is beautiful, and that they don't need to expect a woman to be perfect to be beautiful. So while I am trying to get back into shape, I need to try to say positive things about my body, through all of the stages of change!
Now with all of these goals I have set, I am hopeful Nathan decides to set his first ever resolutions as well, namely if he could try to be even more organized and become someone who REALLY enjoys cleaning, because I just don't have time for housekeeping with everything else I will have going on ;)
Do you have resolutions? I would like to know them. If exercise is one of them, come over to my house and do it with me! If you want to grow produce or flowers or whatever but don't have a yard, come use mine! If you have a car that is dying to teach someone how to drive I will gladly be that someone :)
No comments:
Post a Comment