Thursday, January 17, 2013

I love our boys' doctor

I really do love Dr. Rampton, he is so great. You know you have a great fit when your doctor makes you feel like a good parent and he tells you that you have great kids. Both things are true, I am a great Mom and my kids are awesome, in case you didn't know ;), okay, maybe just the part about my kids being awesome is true, either way.

Anyway, today we had Eison's 6 month check up; his stats:

Head circumference: 18 in 96.91 %tile
Weight: 19.62 lbs 83.73 %tile
Length: 28.25 in 96.33 %tile

Eison enjoys being tickled, laughing, playing with Luke, trying to get the kitties, trying to get legos, trying to eat Luke's foam swords, essentially getting into and playing with anything he shouldn't have. He is doing the "pre-crawling" hands and knees rocking, he scoots around a bit and can get into things. He loves to pull himself up to kneeling and sometimes standing as well. He is a very happy, fun, adorable, perfect baby.

Today's appt was crazy. My awesome friend Amy was all set to take me, at at the moment she was supposed to come over she got a call from her daughter's school saying that she was sick and needed to go home so she went to get her, and let me know what was happening. I called my doctor's office to let them know we would be late. I considered rescheduling but Amy came and we got there in the nick of time.

Then at the appt I found out they did have a flu shot for Luke after all (it was believed they were all out) so poor guys was going to get one as well. After Eison's appt (which went smooth) I brought Luke back, without telling him why. He began to ask why as we got closer, and started freaking out shortly there after. While on the table, I hug pinned him but his arm was free, and he swiped the needle as the nurse went to give him the shot so he scratched his leg, then still had to get the shot. It was horrible.

Think it is over, nope not yet. We leave, he is screaming that his head hurts, we get down the road a tiny bit and he has gone quiet. So I look back and he is white as a sheet, sweaty/clammy, and lethargic. So of course we pull over, I call the office back, they get Dr. Rampton on the phone he explains what is going on and why (it is the same thing as when some people pass out or almost do when they get blood drawn). So I lay him on my lap for a few minutes until he looks alive again, and finally it is over. Poor kid.
Nathan got a package, Luke was excited
I tried to get a pic of his cute face, but he
likes to make silly faces instead.




 Trying to get his "6" picture for 6 months was a challenge...














1 comment:

  1. We love Dr. Rampton, too!

    And, after my older two kids freaking out about getting a flu shot (which has a TINY needle), I made them come with me and WATCH me get MY flu shot (which, I might add, I took LIKE A BOSS. AND I got a cool Muppets Band-Aid to boot!) AND give blood, which has a MUCH bigger needle.

    Now, when they start to gripe about their shots, I can be all, "Remember when _I_ got my flu shot? Did I cry? Did I scream? No. Just don't watch and breathe OUT as the needle goes in. RELAX. Also, remember that BIG NEEDLE that I get poked with to give blood? Yeah, this tiny, ol' needle is NOTHING compared to that. SUCK IT UP."
    (I'm such the awesome, compassionate mom. :P)

    ReplyDelete