Saturday, July 13, 2013

Trip to Vegas...

We went to Las Vegas for Kira's wedding. I apparently only took pictures at the airport or on the airplane...oh well!

The boys were super good flyers, they didn't cry or anything, so that was awesome! I am such a baby when it comes to travel, it always makes me super uncomfortable and I end up all sorts of miserable, thankfully the boys didn't inherit that!

Anyway, Friday we traveled; drove to Eugene, flew to Vegas, got the rental and went to the hotel (getting the rental took forever!). We got in around midnight, I was miserably uncomfortable, we hadn't eaten real food for the better part of the day, and I forgot that since our hotel was part of a casino, everything would reek of smoke. We ate at the diner that was in the hotel/casino. It was gross. We went to bed, and slept in. That was awesome. Everyone felt much better after that.

The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were Saturday night, and we enjoyed that. Afterwards everyone was going to meet up at the Freemont Street Experience, we stayed on the strip since we didn't need to go back to the hotel, while the rest of the group did go back to change or something. We decided that since it was just up the strip we would drive straight up...worst idea ever. it took forever, and we took detours to try to get there faster, which didn't really work...horrible. I thought everyone would be there a long time before us, but they had a cab incident and by the time we parked they were still waiting on a cab or some such. As this is getting to be a long story, we met up with them and it was late and loud and the kids were DONE. so we left.

Sunday was the wedding, and it was beautiful! Perfect wedding. There was a storm earlier in the day (thanks be to the Lord!) and that evening was much cooler than usual and a little humid. It was perfect! The reception was super fun, and once Eison settled down we all could enjoy it a little :) By time the music was going, the boys were running around, dancing and having a blast. Luke was hilarious the whole time, and during the dinner he really enjoyed the rolls, apparently when he discovered they were gone he was really silly and make a large gesture of disbelief that they took them away. Funny kid :)

Monday we had lunch with Claira & John, and Julie & Ian. We picked a place called the Canyon Ranch Grill, we somehow failed to realize it was in a spa, in The Palazzo...evidently we did not look at the link I have up....anyway, after getting stuck in traffic AGAIN and getting totally lost, we got there. I am not so sure how much everyone else liked it, but I loved it! They don't serve regular soda, so when Claira ordered a cola for John, they ended up with the house version. No one else liked it, but I loved it, it started out with a mild ginger ale taste and ended with a pumpkin pie flavour. Not really sweet or really carbonated though, it was super good! Then we returned our rental and headed to the airport, etc.



 Waiting to fly to Vegas















On the plane to Vegas

Waiting in the parking garage for the ill-fated "Freemont
street experience"

The plane ride home

He fell sound asleep like this shortly fter takeoff
cutie boy


I had Luke lay on my lap and snuggled the sweeties :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad that it was a good trip!!

    (And now I have to try that soda sometime. Sounds delish!! ^_^)

    ReplyDelete