Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shore Acres State Park

When we moved down here to Coos Bay we thought there was NOTHING to do here. So when the one person, maybe two people who actually talked to us suggested we go to Shore Acres we ignored them. We thought it's probably some crummy place just like everything else here. After living in Coos Bay for about 6 months (and HATING every minute of it) we finally decided to see if it was cool or not. Funny thing, when people suggest a place to you over and over, it usually turns out to be a pretty nice place! (I still don't want to try Outdoor-In, sorry). This was literally the the first thing I liked about Coos Bay, and since then I have grown quite fond of many things, like Sunset Bay State Park, and Mingus Park, ans I am very excited to go to Gold and Silver Falls soon! (it doesn't hurt that more people talk to us now either!)

This last Saturday we decided to take a family hike out at Shore Acres, that way we could enjoy the botanical gardens the outlooks to the ocean and the beautiful Oregon forest! It was so much fun! Luke is crazy about the outdoors, and it is a nice break for me to be out of the house! (The only down side is the fact that Luke and I are terribly allergic, but with his medicine and washing his hair every day he goes outside he has been feeling much better!) I think that is what I love so much about living here...as well as what I loved about Corvallis is that there are so many places to go hiking and be in nature, and they aren't far from home!

Luke and Dad!

 

 

I love Nathan helping Luke walk the fence, so cute!


Luke and Mom!
Airplane Luke!
hugging trees for Aunt Kira!
pretty scenery...and Luke!!

smelling the roses

reading the sign
 
 

a blue heron!


 All of the pictures from the adventure are on Facebook!






1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Shore Acres! I'm glad that you do, too!

    And most of my childhood memories of going to the coast are of Sunset Bay, since we always went there.

    I'm glad that you're feeling like you're able to enjoy where you're at now. ^_^

    ReplyDelete