It's been 3 months since my last post. They've been busy. I was helping my MIL paint one of their houses, we bought a house, I went to NC for my friend's wedding, I have started doing day care at home to earn some extra $ and we had some family visit.
We finally are moving this week. The house we bought needed a lot of work, it still needs more, but we can do the rest while we live there. I never remember my camera so I don't have any pictures of the new paint and stuff. We thought it would just need cleaned (they were smokers, and it was filthy!) and painted when we bought it, but when it was built they used plaster instead of the regular kind of wall texturing, then didn't prime it, so the paint was peeling, and every square inch of the house had either a nail, a staple, or a hole from one, or sticky glue stuff on it. We scraped the walls (that is awful and takes forever), filled in holes, then used really good primer on it and then painted. My MIL and I worked endless hours on this peeling, scraping and painting and I can honestly say I would like to never have to do that again. Nathan chose the colors and they are awesome! We have new carpet in the bedrooms, and eventually we will get to painting the cupboards and fixing the countertop color. If any crafty friends in the area want to help with that PLEASE let me know, b/c I am not so artistic, and I would like them to turn out nice.
NC was fun, Luke was a ham, the wedding was beautiful, Luke ran away at the hotel. It was an experience. I would like to never relive the fear I felt in those 5 minutes (which felt like forever) I couldn't find him. Flying with a toddler is not easy, especially with him running off and trying to carry luggage and his carseat around. Then the airline had an inappropriate movie playing on the flight and it was rather difficult to keep Luke from watching it. I am glad that is over.
As for the whole day-care thing. I have paperwork to do and a class to attend and all sorts of dumb stuff before I get paid...so I better get on that, b/c although I am doing it to help someone out, I am also doing it b/c we need the $! It is three kids, a 4 almost 5 year old and 3 almost 4 year old and a almost 2year old. As far as the schedule I work from 11AM-6:30PM on normal days and early days are 7:30AM-6:30PM Mon-Thurs. Nathan's work schedule is roughly 2PM-10:30PM Mon-Wed 3PM-9PM on Friday and 3:30PM-12:30PM on Sat. So only Sunday off together. Thankfully both our schedules should be changing (mine would be the 7:30AM-6:30PM hours Mon, Wed-Fri), and the nice Mom of the kids I watch is trying to find alternate care for Nathan's day off so we can have a day together as a family (which we think will be Mon). That would be AWESOME.
Lexi and the kids visited for a day or two, and it was fun but way to short! Josh and Sandra and the kids came for a week and it was super fun! I really wish that everyone lived closer, I want Luke to grow up knowing his cousins. Plus I love my sisters in law and I want to get to hang out with them more! Luke is so funny, he refers to people as "my people". For example he called his cousins "my people, I want to see my people" or when we left the rehearsal dinner in NC b/c it was late and he was tired he was screaming, "no, my people! I want my people!".... His grandma Perry came with us on that trip, and she learned all about how much energy he has (she got 10,000 steps one the wedding day). He wore two dogs out, and still had more energy...
Also I got my ears pierced, hopefully they stay that way this time.
We finally are moving this week. The house we bought needed a lot of work, it still needs more, but we can do the rest while we live there. I never remember my camera so I don't have any pictures of the new paint and stuff. We thought it would just need cleaned (they were smokers, and it was filthy!) and painted when we bought it, but when it was built they used plaster instead of the regular kind of wall texturing, then didn't prime it, so the paint was peeling, and every square inch of the house had either a nail, a staple, or a hole from one, or sticky glue stuff on it. We scraped the walls (that is awful and takes forever), filled in holes, then used really good primer on it and then painted. My MIL and I worked endless hours on this peeling, scraping and painting and I can honestly say I would like to never have to do that again. Nathan chose the colors and they are awesome! We have new carpet in the bedrooms, and eventually we will get to painting the cupboards and fixing the countertop color. If any crafty friends in the area want to help with that PLEASE let me know, b/c I am not so artistic, and I would like them to turn out nice.
NC was fun, Luke was a ham, the wedding was beautiful, Luke ran away at the hotel. It was an experience. I would like to never relive the fear I felt in those 5 minutes (which felt like forever) I couldn't find him. Flying with a toddler is not easy, especially with him running off and trying to carry luggage and his carseat around. Then the airline had an inappropriate movie playing on the flight and it was rather difficult to keep Luke from watching it. I am glad that is over.
As for the whole day-care thing. I have paperwork to do and a class to attend and all sorts of dumb stuff before I get paid...so I better get on that, b/c although I am doing it to help someone out, I am also doing it b/c we need the $! It is three kids, a 4 almost 5 year old and 3 almost 4 year old and a almost 2year old. As far as the schedule I work from 11AM-6:30PM on normal days and early days are 7:30AM-6:30PM Mon-Thurs. Nathan's work schedule is roughly 2PM-10:30PM Mon-Wed 3PM-9PM on Friday and 3:30PM-12:30PM on Sat. So only Sunday off together. Thankfully both our schedules should be changing (mine would be the 7:30AM-6:30PM hours Mon, Wed-Fri), and the nice Mom of the kids I watch is trying to find alternate care for Nathan's day off so we can have a day together as a family (which we think will be Mon). That would be AWESOME.
Lexi and the kids visited for a day or two, and it was fun but way to short! Josh and Sandra and the kids came for a week and it was super fun! I really wish that everyone lived closer, I want Luke to grow up knowing his cousins. Plus I love my sisters in law and I want to get to hang out with them more! Luke is so funny, he refers to people as "my people". For example he called his cousins "my people, I want to see my people" or when we left the rehearsal dinner in NC b/c it was late and he was tired he was screaming, "no, my people! I want my people!".... His grandma Perry came with us on that trip, and she learned all about how much energy he has (she got 10,000 steps one the wedding day). He wore two dogs out, and still had more energy...
Also I got my ears pierced, hopefully they stay that way this time.
| 4th of July...celebrated on the 3rd |
| Luke and a stick and some rocks...and the Willamette |
Sounds like a busy summer and I hope you love your new house! All that work painting--geez! At least now it is done right.
ReplyDeleteAnd that is pretty cute about Luke and his people:)
My goodness, you've been busy!
ReplyDeleteAnd I want pictures of your ear-sparklies!!! ^_^
I want to see the colors you chose for your house! All that work sounds so not fun but YOU HAVE A HOUSE! of your own! that you can paint! I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could go to the gathering together farm with you. Our Amish guys are good but we just pick up our box from them at the farmers market....there is no community oven for us. :)
Baked apples with cream is exactly what it sounds like. Apples baked with brown sugar, butter and oatmeal inside with a little cream poured on just before you serve them. My mom makes them like that. love it.
We miss you guys!