Ever feel like you just really need a friend? It happens every time we move, moving is difficult (esp. if you have trouble with organization like me). Today I really hit that point where I really just need a friend to be here while Nathan isn't. My Mom is in the hospital with Pneumonia, my oven blew up, and lets face it Luke needs someone a little closer to his age to play with, he is driving me nuts! Alas we haven't made any friends in our new ward, and any of my other friends don't live close enough to come over (plus I am a wuss and I don't ever want to call someone, b/c they are just going to say they can't come anyway).
As far as the moving thing goes I mean I know we moved here over a month ago, why is it I can't manage to unpack this stuff and figure out what to do with it?! Why can other people just DO it. They move, they unpack, no big deal. I suck.
My Mom has been sick for about a month now. She went in and was diagnosed with bronchitis last week, put on meds etc. Not feeling better but worse this week she went back (right after a job interview) and was diagnosed with pneumonia in one lung and pleurisy in the other (I had the latter in high school and it hurt like heck) but her bronchitis cleared up! Apparently I am the only person she kept up to date on her illness? Everyone else seemed clueless, or actually was clueless about her health. Today she had 3 cups of cider colored liquid pulled from her lung, yuck! Her friend says she is looking a lot better though so that is good. We will see what happens in a couple days. Just pray for her (and her friend, she lost my Mom's phone charger and REALLY wants to find it).
Then today I was baking focaccia bread for paninis tomorrow. I had just put the two in the oven walked away for a few minutes when I heard this strange bbbzzzzt sound. I came out to check on the sound and saw smoke billowing out of the oven. The breaker had tripped (thankfully), I pulled the focaccias out (what a waste) and it just billowed smoke. So now I have no idea what I am having for lunch tomorrow and I get to call a repair man :(
At least Luke is cute. If he weren't I don't think I'd keep him ;)
At least I can continue to look forward to having Aaron come visit in and week and a half, and having family pictures in two weekends. Now hopefully our oven isn't to expensive to fix so I can still afford to buy new clothes for pictures!
As far as the moving thing goes I mean I know we moved here over a month ago, why is it I can't manage to unpack this stuff and figure out what to do with it?! Why can other people just DO it. They move, they unpack, no big deal. I suck.
My Mom has been sick for about a month now. She went in and was diagnosed with bronchitis last week, put on meds etc. Not feeling better but worse this week she went back (right after a job interview) and was diagnosed with pneumonia in one lung and pleurisy in the other (I had the latter in high school and it hurt like heck) but her bronchitis cleared up! Apparently I am the only person she kept up to date on her illness? Everyone else seemed clueless, or actually was clueless about her health. Today she had 3 cups of cider colored liquid pulled from her lung, yuck! Her friend says she is looking a lot better though so that is good. We will see what happens in a couple days. Just pray for her (and her friend, she lost my Mom's phone charger and REALLY wants to find it).
Then today I was baking focaccia bread for paninis tomorrow. I had just put the two in the oven walked away for a few minutes when I heard this strange bbbzzzzt sound. I came out to check on the sound and saw smoke billowing out of the oven. The breaker had tripped (thankfully), I pulled the focaccias out (what a waste) and it just billowed smoke. So now I have no idea what I am having for lunch tomorrow and I get to call a repair man :(
At least Luke is cute. If he weren't I don't think I'd keep him ;)
| A couple of weeks ago Luke was helping me with our weed patch |
| Luke and Ska kitty sleeping in mine &Nathan's bed. That kitty also brought a live mouse into the house today. |
| And Luke today, he climbed up on the counter to help himself to some candy. I have a picture of him smiling but I thought this one was more cheeky |
Sounds like you had a very busy, eventful day.
ReplyDeleteSo I'm not in YOUR ward ... but, really, if you need to have a break (and I'll let you use my oven!), you are totally free to call me.
ReplyDeleteI'll even come get you and bring you over here if you don't have a car.
AND I can see if I can get you and Dawn, who I think IS in your ward, together. She's hilarious and is a powerhouse.
Hope your mom gets better asap!
Thank you Allana, hopefully the repair man will get it sorted quickly so I don't have to bother you with borrowing yours! I would love a break, but I am a chicken and will be too scared to call you b/c I just *know* you have something more important to do. Plus I am pretty sure I don't have your #. Feel free to invite me over if you feel up to having a guest and I will gladly come! (Nathan works wed-sat).
ReplyDeleteMy Mom is doing the same...not better but not worse. She will be in the hospital at least until monday :(