Friday, February 10, 2012

So many things, so little motivation...

Like everyone else, I have a bunch of things I need to do. Unlike most normal people I can't bring myself to do them. Of course there are the normal things like actually cleaning my house....which occasionally gets done one room at a time. In fact I spent an entire day doing laundry this week, one whole day! Granted that is because I had put off putting my laundry away for so long that it took that long to put it all away (plus do another 6 or so loads), but I digress.

The things I need to do, but just haven't yet....Hang up some pictures, we've lived here since August, but not one picture has been hung (and we have a ton of them!) Also I need to print more pictures to replace some older ones with, but one step at a time here. I need to go through our disaster of a shed, weed out what we do and do not want, and actually get rid of the things we don't want. We are so bad at actually taking the stuff we are through with and donating it. I need to actually organize my kitchen so it makes sense/isn't so messy. Finish organizing the closets. Finish painting the bathroom. Organize the hall closet. Get the rest of the paint and tools, etc stuff into the shed. Find a reasonable way to organize Luke's toys. Clean out the fridge (yuck)! Make our yard a yard, not a weed patch, and prep the "garden" areas for planting. And actually do some of the crafts I have planned!

It is unfortunate for me (and my family) that none of these things come naturally to me, nor do I enjoy them. I don't know anyone who is itching to do any of these things, but just doesn't have the opportunity to do I? I'll help you, and pay you in baked goods! Anyone?


3 comments:

  1. I know how that feels. If only there were more hours in the day, right? Yet, when I find some extra time, I usually get so excited considering the options of things to do that I can't decide and end up wasting the time instead (shrugs).
    For house cleaning, I've recently discovered flylady.net. She kind of gives you a plan for getting your house clean. I think she over complicates things a bit, but if you go to the "flight plan" for the day, you at least have a starting point. I never manage to do all she lists that we should do, but I feel good about myself for making a dent. Sometimes that's all you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually one of those strange people who gets a kick out of cleaning and organizing, so I'd be glad to help you! I'd also be happy to help you load up my car with stuff to drop off at Goodwill/The Arc, or where ever. It's been awhile since we've hung out; maybe we should plan to get together one night while Nathan is at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jocelyn, I find I have plenty of time in the day....b/c I am never doing anything I am supposed to be doing! I will loan you a couple hours if you'd like, okay?

    Robyn, yes! Come over and help me, it has been a while since we hung out, and well I need the help! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete