Wednesday, February 29, 2012

baby-ness

So yeah, I am pregnant, 20 weeks now! Well I am  a little confused, b/c maybe my due is changing by 6 days b/c the baby is measuring bigger, so am I 21 weeks then? I don't know. Either way, about half way through now. We had our 20 week ultrasound on Monday, and it went....pretty good? My placenta is between the baby's head and my cervix, not totally blocking it, but there nonetheless. I talked to my the Doctor and she said that we will do another ultrasound at 28 weeks just to make sure it has moved. Apparently this is fairly common, not to worry. She also said that all of the images that turned out well look great, the baby's organs all look great, but some of the images of the face didn't come out well enough (head down already, so apparently clarity was an issue). All in all she says the baby looks perfect though, so that is good to hear, and another ultrasound will put all other questions to rest, so that is also good.

The ultrasound guy did check the gender for us. It went a little something like this; ultrasound guy: "see here, hmm, this looks like a girl, but if I move it, see this? This could be a penis, yeah, I think it is, do you see that?" us: "no...maybe?" So it's a...boy?! We think, maybe? Good thing we have another ultrasound coming up!

I took a pic of my growing belly on Sunday as a friend requested an image on facebook, but I just couldn't bring myself to post it on facebook, so it is here.

20 weeks

How I have felt so far: 1st trimester, awful. Tired, horrible insomnia, everything smelled awful, horrible stomach ache ALL THE TIME. 2nd trimester: slightly less tired, horrible insomnia, heartburn leading to terrible stomach ache. My skin is breaking out like crazy, and I am gaining weight at an alarming rate. 

Cravings: At very first, before we "knew" I was pregnant I was super craving spicy/cheesy food. I could not get enough of it! since then...hmm, potatoes. I want potatoes all the time, served any way except for mashed (that sounds gross, I don't know why). Also most other starches. Also sandwiches, I feel like Joey on friends with my love for sandwiches! Hmm, there are more,. I know there are, but I can't think of them...all I can think is I want potatoes and sandwiches!

I first felt the baby move around 17 weeks, and he(?) is rather active. I can feel a little body part sometimes pressing really hard against me, so I will have a little hard lump on my belly. It kinda hurts, but is fun anyway! I keep getting cramps, which I don't remember from Luke's pregnancy, but I am assured is a normal part of the growing processes.

Luke is so cute, he loves the baby so much, he likes to "take the baby out of my tummy and carry it around" and he thinks it's a girl, so now we are trying to get him on board with the idea that it is probably a boy. We are super excited for this little one to join our family! 

3 comments:

  1. aaaah so much cuteness, your little buttons are bursting! ;] also we need to go on a sandwich date, sandwiches and cereal are about the only thing i want to eat right now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you guys! So exciting! Seems like everyone is having a boy including us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Ann! If we ever get our car fixed we are coming up to see you guys!! We will certainly need to go on a sandwich date! When will you be down here again?

    It is funny you say that Scott, b/c other than our (possible) boy, you guys are the first I have heard of anyone having a boy! Everyone I know is having a girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete