Saturday, April 28, 2012

Running away to the beach...and more pregnancy stuff...of course

It was hot last weekend, in the low 80's. Which is hot if you didn't know. On Sunday after church we ate a large lunch and were trying not to die from the heat (mostly me) when I asked Nathan if we could go to the coast (he does not frequently want to take a trip anywhere after getting less than 5 hours of sleep) so I expected him to say no. Instead he say yes! So yay! within 20 minutes we were on the road! Luke slept half the drive there, so he was well rested when we got there. He & I spent an hour and a half playing while Nathan napped, then Nathan came to join the party. Luke had fun with me, but it is always WAY more fun when he gets to play with Dad!

I went to the car to grab Nathan's jacket, and when I came back I couldn't find them. They were hiding from me (I was appointed the "bad guy" while I was away, unbeknownst to me) I finally caught a glimpse of them in the dunes.

My fist sighting of the guys
Luke is shooting me, Nathan is being attacked by the wind apparently :)
A "ship" they stumbled upon. 
Luke playing in the sand, from when it was just him & me.
Sunset
and some more sunset, so beautiful!
shadow bump
Silhouette bump
I feel like I look enormous in these pictures, which probably means I look pretty big in life as well. oh well!

I have placenta previa (partial) so that means (amongst all the scary things) I get extra ultrasound pictures of the little GUY! We do know now for sure now that we are having  a little boy! We are excited, except for the fact that we can't think of a name for him...a girl would be a lot easier to name...

I tell you, my doctors are really rather calm about the whole thing, telling me that it is just on the cusp and is likely to move (well you know expand away from the cervix), but if I have any bleeding to go to the hospital, etc. No bed rest, or any kind of rest at all. I have had no bleeding, nothing scary. I looked it up on the internet tonight and boy it is a lot more scary sounding on the internet! I think I will be fine. One of my midwives said that it is in a place where they could still try for a vaginal delivery (yay! let us hope!!) but if there is too much bleeding an emergency c-section would be necessary (boo). I have another ultrasound around 32 weeks (so in a little more than 3 weeks) to see what is up. Lets pray for a clear path for this little guy to come through so I don't have to have surgery!

Handsome profile
right side...body stuff. left side...cute little leg and foot!
When Luke was looking at the pictures the other day he pointed at this picture and was telling my about the baby's leg, I love it! Anyway, that is all the excitement for now...I should go clean something, but I don't really want to...*sigh* that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment