We had another ultrasound today. The poor tech was running late, so she made sure I had extra images and took a little video to make up for me waiting 20 extra minutes. The appointment was during when Nathan worked, so my friend (the amazing Amy Perry) took me, and watched her 2 kids, my Luke, and another friend's son while I had the exam. She is truly amazing! The appointment was early enough that Nathan got to leave work and come see some of the fun images before heading back to open. That was so nice!
![]() |
| profile |
![]() |
| 3d face shot, his hand is up by his mouth and the umbilical cord is just above that |
![]() |
| Luke's favorite picture, his foot |
![]() |
| 3d face shot, the weird wiggly thing down by his chin is the umbilical cord, I'll admit, this makes me pretty nervous! |
The tech of course can't say if my placenta is in a "safe to delivery vaginally" spot, so I have to wait for the doctor to tell me. From the images and measurements it didn't look promising, but thankfully this isn't my call, and the doctors will know if it is where it should be or not! 2 weeks ago the doctor I saw said the information the ultrasound folks gave wasn't specific enough. Yesterday at my appointment the doctor (a different one) said one of the 2 ultrasounds had to have been messed up/measured wrong, because according to the measurements it moved closer to the cervix, and that just doesn't happen. Hopefully today's sheds some light on what is going on! He was head down for this ultrasound as well, that makes 3 for 3, hopefully he stays put (and I get to delivery vaginally!). His head is right down on my cervix, so that explains the pressure I have been feeling!
I don't have any recent, decent pictures of me and my pokey-outey stomach...maybe when I am less tired I will try to get one. Lately I can't sleep b/c of being to warm, (I have a fan on and it is cool and rainy here) being to thirsty, having to pee, (that happens when you drink 50 some ounces throughout the night) not being able to get comfy, having a cat meow at you, etc, etc, etc.
He is still a very active little guy, he was moving about throughout the ultrasound. It was fun to see him move around! We are still rather unsure of what to name him, so that is not my most favorite. We have been working on lists of names we like, but it is really not going much of anywhere!




I hope that your placenta cooperates.
ReplyDeleteAnd it looks like this boy is going to cooperate (right from the get-go, unlike a certain almost-12-week-old that shall remain nameless, though she DID cooperate at the end. ... If he DOESN'T cooperate, I'll be the good friend who threatens him with NO DILLY BARS EVER!!!)
We're pulling for you to NOT need surgery.
(But I've been told that C-sections aren't horrible. ^_^)
Sending thoughts your way for a vaginal delivery! :) Hope everything works out perfectly. <3
ReplyDelete