It seems strange to be at 34 weeks now. It is as if the end of the pregnancy is coming all to fast now, but at the same time I can't believe I still has 6 more weeks of weight to gain and size to grow, because lets face it, I've already gained more and gotten bigger than I imagined I would!
I had a doctor's appointment Monday, everything is still good. My doctor said,"your blood pressure is great, your weight gain is...fine" I made a comment about the weight gain, she mentioned that I gained 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks! Holy cow! I did start retaining water in that time period and said as much, she looked at my feet and agreed, I am puffy! I just don't even know what to do about it. I am drinking TONS of water and trying to remain active and get exercise, my body just really enjoys filling up with fluid it seems! Since my last post I did find out my placenta is far enough away from my cervix now, so yay!!!! I am so happy that a c-section does not appear to be in my future!!
While we were getting ready to leave to house on Monday, Nathan and I realized how little time is left before the baby comes. If he is early at 38 weeks (still full term, I won't let him come sooner ;)) I only have 4 weeks left! 6 weeks (what I am hoping for) is still very soon...I haven't been nesting really...at all. But I have been plenty tired, so our house needs some serious attention. I need to go through the baby clothes that we kept from when we had Luke and get everything washed. We need to come up with some name options that we can seriously consider naming him. I need to clean.
I have managed to do some yard work, and Nathan has done a bunch! We still have a bunch more to go....but more than anything our house needs to be put together, it is a bit of a disaster! Our bookshelf in the front room broke(?) or something. so Nathan needs to fix that. Then we can clean up all those books on the floor! For some annoying reason, I just don't feel like cleaning. The laundry is mostly put away, and the kitchen...well I am working on it today, but that never really lasts.
I keep meaning to have a picture of my belly to put up, but it never seems to happen! On Monday a friend was going to take some maternity shots for me, but we ended up with a thunderstorm and torrential downpour, so that didn't happen, and we are busy this next (our) weekend, so it won't happen then, and then I am going to be so huge I won't want it done at all!
Luke is so fun right now about the baby. My mom bought us a pack'n'play (we don't really have room for anything else!) and I set it up to be sure I knew what I am doing, and Luke wanted to put the baby in it. He is funny, he pretends to take the baby out of my tummy and plays with him and whatnot. This time, he laid the baby in the bassinet part to sleep, a while later he told me the baby was awake, and they were "talking". The next day I wanted him to feel the baby moving around and he told me the baby was still in his bed. I told him I put him back in my tummy and he said quite sternly "don't do that". Now THAT is put away until the baby actually comes! Luke loves it when we are snuggling and he feels his brother move, he tells me every time it happens. It is just so sweet! He also likes to tell stories of when he was little and couldn't do things, but now he is big and he can. I need to take some more pictures of Luke too, I don't have any recent ones!
Last night was a rough night for sleep. I was sore and having trouble sleeping as is, then Luke woke up with knee pain again. So we spent a good portion of the night awake. I guess it is good prep for when the baby gets here! I wonder if anyone knows how to solve this dilemma, when Luke gets hurt he doesn't want you to touch it, look at it, anything. He hates bandaids and wants to hide his wounds. Today I had to pull a splinter out of his hand and it was extremely difficult to get him to even open his hand. When I finally got it out I told him he did a great job and I was so proud of him for handling it so well, but really? I just don't know how to handle his owies! Also, I have forgotten everything about babies. I am pretty sure I remember NOTHING from having Luke. I should probably brush up on some baby knowledge before this little guy comes! Anyone want to come over, go through baby clothes and tell me what you do with a newborn?
I had a doctor's appointment Monday, everything is still good. My doctor said,"your blood pressure is great, your weight gain is...fine" I made a comment about the weight gain, she mentioned that I gained 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks! Holy cow! I did start retaining water in that time period and said as much, she looked at my feet and agreed, I am puffy! I just don't even know what to do about it. I am drinking TONS of water and trying to remain active and get exercise, my body just really enjoys filling up with fluid it seems! Since my last post I did find out my placenta is far enough away from my cervix now, so yay!!!! I am so happy that a c-section does not appear to be in my future!!
While we were getting ready to leave to house on Monday, Nathan and I realized how little time is left before the baby comes. If he is early at 38 weeks (still full term, I won't let him come sooner ;)) I only have 4 weeks left! 6 weeks (what I am hoping for) is still very soon...I haven't been nesting really...at all. But I have been plenty tired, so our house needs some serious attention. I need to go through the baby clothes that we kept from when we had Luke and get everything washed. We need to come up with some name options that we can seriously consider naming him. I need to clean.
I have managed to do some yard work, and Nathan has done a bunch! We still have a bunch more to go....but more than anything our house needs to be put together, it is a bit of a disaster! Our bookshelf in the front room broke(?) or something. so Nathan needs to fix that. Then we can clean up all those books on the floor! For some annoying reason, I just don't feel like cleaning. The laundry is mostly put away, and the kitchen...well I am working on it today, but that never really lasts.
I keep meaning to have a picture of my belly to put up, but it never seems to happen! On Monday a friend was going to take some maternity shots for me, but we ended up with a thunderstorm and torrential downpour, so that didn't happen, and we are busy this next (our) weekend, so it won't happen then, and then I am going to be so huge I won't want it done at all!
Luke is so fun right now about the baby. My mom bought us a pack'n'play (we don't really have room for anything else!) and I set it up to be sure I knew what I am doing, and Luke wanted to put the baby in it. He is funny, he pretends to take the baby out of my tummy and plays with him and whatnot. This time, he laid the baby in the bassinet part to sleep, a while later he told me the baby was awake, and they were "talking". The next day I wanted him to feel the baby moving around and he told me the baby was still in his bed. I told him I put him back in my tummy and he said quite sternly "don't do that". Now THAT is put away until the baby actually comes! Luke loves it when we are snuggling and he feels his brother move, he tells me every time it happens. It is just so sweet! He also likes to tell stories of when he was little and couldn't do things, but now he is big and he can. I need to take some more pictures of Luke too, I don't have any recent ones!
Last night was a rough night for sleep. I was sore and having trouble sleeping as is, then Luke woke up with knee pain again. So we spent a good portion of the night awake. I guess it is good prep for when the baby gets here! I wonder if anyone knows how to solve this dilemma, when Luke gets hurt he doesn't want you to touch it, look at it, anything. He hates bandaids and wants to hide his wounds. Today I had to pull a splinter out of his hand and it was extremely difficult to get him to even open his hand. When I finally got it out I told him he did a great job and I was so proud of him for handling it so well, but really? I just don't know how to handle his owies! Also, I have forgotten everything about babies. I am pretty sure I remember NOTHING from having Luke. I should probably brush up on some baby knowledge before this little guy comes! Anyone want to come over, go through baby clothes and tell me what you do with a newborn?
Ah I'm so glad you're coming up this weekend, I feel like I need some serious baby prepping too! You may feel unprepared but you have a couple more hours with a baby than I do... ;)
ReplyDelete