Friday, June 8, 2012

some people...

*This is a rant* I am NOT fond of my husband's co-worker. If for no other reason, he is incompetent at his job. He doesn't know how to make most of the food on the menu. Nathan will leave him a list of what needs done, and this guy doesn't do most of it & messes up what he does do. It is ridiculous. Then he doesn't write a proper list for Nathan, doesn't fill the line, doesn't put things where they belong, doesn't even clean up! So very frustrating (and I only have to hear Nathan complain about it, I don't actually have to deal with it)! Oh and he is arrogant to boot! He actually thinks he is good at his job!

Also he is socially dumb, at least I can't think of a better way to put that. I met him a few weeks ago, then last weekend he says to Nathan "oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. You're wife is Hot" umm, I appreciate the sentiment I guess, but really? You are telling your co-worker that his (then) 7 months pregnant wife is "hot", you couldn't possibly think of a nicer way to put that, like your wife is lovely or very nice looking, pretty would even be appropriate, but hot? Not so much.

Despite these things I could probably be just mildly frustrated with this guy, but this is what really gets me: nearly every single time (I can think of only 1 exception) Nathan asks to switch shifts, for whatever reason, his co-worker won't do it. Last Saturday Luke was very upset and having a very difficult day, Nathan asked if he would switch and Nathan would close for him on Friday. He says to Nathan "I don't know, you'll have to convince me" so Nathan just didn't even bother with it. Then the guy comes in after his shift and drinks at the bar for a couple hours. He had no plans or anything important to do, he just didn't feel like it. And this guy has just taken nearly a week off of work, and Nathan covered his shifts! So here is my boiling pint and my need to vent in a blog post. Nathan texts me this evening "do we need to go shopping tonight? ____ wants to switch if possible" Oh really? He does? Why should I care?! Fridays are Nathan's early day. He gets home around 9-9:30, it is my favorite day. I was really looking forward to him being home in a few hours. Now I get to wait until 1 or so to see him...Luke wants to see Dad, and play with him, but instead Luke will be sleeping (I hope!) when Nathan gets home. Yes this means I get him home early tomorrow, and that is awesome, but come on, show some courtesy to your co-worker! Why does he expect Nathan to take over for him and switch with him but won't do the same?!

No comments:

Post a Comment