Friday, June 15, 2012

the year is half over already? When did that happen?!

Oh man, it is already mid-June. Where has the time gone?! It just dawned on me this morning that in a couple weeks my In-laws will be here to help re-side our house, and I have no idea what colors we are going to paint the house...shoot, now we need to figure that out! Our house is on the small side, so we need something that will help it look bigger, so probably not any dark colors. I like greens and blues with an earthy undertone....I don't even know what Nathan likes, we haven't really talked about it much! I also have to buy all the materials for residing, but I don't even know what all I need....I guess I better figure THAT out!

Nesting finally hit, more or less. I suddenly decided I needed to take apart our "pantry" and finally get rid of it. It was just a large plastic shelf (like for the garage) that had all our food on it and was right in the living room/kitchen area. It was awful looking. I figured out where to put almost everything, but I am still not quite done. I do not like to organize things, so that isn't helping the situation. That and the fact that I am 8 months pregnant and have carpel tunnel so I can only do a little at a time, without being to tired/having my hands go numb.

Yesterday the sister missionaries came over to help me with yard work. I can't believe how efficient they are!  Sister Reed weeded all of the flowerbeds, and Sister White used the weed eater to eliminate our tall weed problem, then dug a hole for the clothes line (then I realized I didn't have the post thing, so we didn't get to use the quickcrete) then she stared in on the giant bramble patch next to the shed. Our yard looks SO much better! What's more is they are coming back to help out even more next week! They are supposed to do service once a week, but no one ever takes them up on their offer to do so, so while I am not as capable I will take them up on that offer! Also my amazing friend Amy said she is coming by next week to help me get my house cleaned and ready. Thank heavens for people who love me and have a skill set that I do not!

The next thing to do, is get those (now very large) vegetable starts planted in the raised beds. Nathan and I will need to work on that very soon!

Nathan's Executive Chef gave us a baby swing, they had two and their baby is too big for either one, so yay! A free swing for us! I really really wanted one, but didn't think we were going to be given one (and after all this home improvement-ness didn't want to spend the $). I did have a friend offer to lend me theirs so now I need to tell her we don't need it! I still need to go through the baby clothes, and get them sorted, but I think I will wait until after the house is less messy! Tomorrow is my other baby shower, and I am excited! I was hoping I would get more of the things I actually need, and put on my registry, but I don't think that is happening, so oh well. I guess I will just prepare to have more clothes than any little boy will ever need (b/c that is what people always give you)! It should be really fun regardless! I need to get my kitchen clean and make some pound cake for tomorrow and figure out what kind of salad to make, so we can pick up the ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment